Whether you’ve just received a mesothelioma diagnosis or have recently lost a loved one to this terrible disease, once the shock has passed your thoughts turn to action. One of the best hopes for those facing an asbestos-related disease comes from connecting with an experienced and knowledgeable Los Angeles mesothelioma attorney who can help you navigate the legal process, explaining your options and assisting you in whichever course you choose to take.
For many mesothelioma victims, the choice that offers the most hope is the pursuit of a mesothelioma lawsuit. Though the challenge of a court battle may be daunting, doing so is often the single most satisfying and effective way of getting the justice that you or your loved one deserves.
Important Things To Remember When Considering Filing A Mesothelioma Lawsuit
• Lawsuits filed against asbestos companies represent the single largest “mass tort” litigation in American legal history, and they have provided victims like yourself with tremendous hope and the promise of financial security in the face of tragedy.
• Filing a mesothelioma lawsuit is often the best option for maximizing your ability to get the compensation that you need to help pay for the enormous medical expenses and emotional costs that come with a mesothelioma diagnosis.
• The vast majority of mesothelioma lawsuits settle out of court, and victims never need to step foot into a courtroom.
There are two types of mesothelioma lawsuits:
• Personal injury mesothelioma lawsuits are filed by the mesothelioma victim and their family members or dependents while the victim is alive. They name the company or companies responsible for the victim’s asbestos exposure. Personal injury mesothelioma lawsuits seek compensation for economic damages caused by asbestos exposure, including medical expenses, the costs involved with travel to receive treatment and care of all types, as well as lost income, pain and suffering, and loss of consortium.
• Wrongful death mesothelioma lawsuits are filed by the mesothelioma victim’s survivors after the victim has died. They name the company or companies responsible for the victim’s asbestos exposure. Wrongful death mesothelioma lawsuits seek compensation for all costs related to the victim’s death, including any outstanding bills for medical expenses, burial and funeral expenses, additional related expenses and loss of consortium.
Why You Need An Experienced Mesothelioma Lawyer for your Asbestos Lawsuit
Los Angeles has many fine attorneys, but when it comes to filing a mesothelioma lawsuit it is essential that you work with an attorney who has dedicated themselves specifically to helping mesothelioma victims and other victims of asbestos. The laws surrounding asbestos litigation are constantly changing, and at the same time the asbestos companies continue to fight hard against mesothelioma victims and their families. They have teams of attorneys whose only job is to argue against giving mesothelioma victims the compensation that they deserve. Your best hope is to select an attorney with years of mesothelioma lawsuit experience who knows what to expect, can explain the process to you fully and represent you successfully.
If you believe that you are eligible to file a mesothelioma lawsuit in Los Angeles, you need to act quickly. The statute of limitations on filing a personal injury mesothelioma lawsuit is just one year from the date of diagnosis, and the statute of limitations for filing a wrongful death mesothelioma lawsuit is just one year from the date of the victim’s death.
Learn More About Filing a Mesothelioma Claim
If you are in the Los Angeles area and need information about filing a mesothelioma claim, we can help you get the information that you need so that you'll be able to make all the right choices about your treatment regimen. Call us today for more info or complete the form.